Monday, December 31, 2012

It's New Year's Eve! Time to Clean the House. . .

Hi all!

I trust you are having an excellent New Year's Eve. Me? I'm finishing up my semi-annual 'Spring' cleaning. It's tradition in my family, it may be my culture, to clean the entire house from top to bottom, do all the laundry and to take down the Christmas décor. The overall goal is to never take clutter and unnecessary things into the New Year. It's supposed to be bad luck.
I don't know about all that, but every year, like clock work, I go on a back breaking, deep cleaning house tour.

The best thing - on New Year's Day, I can do whatever I want. It's usually nothing related to house keeping.

In addition to my manual labor, all morning I've been thinking of resolutions. So far, it's about five of them, but I'm hoping that I can maintain them throughout the year. I'll be sure to keep you posted!

  1. To be mindful of other's time - since I can be a little lax, I will ensure that when others are involved to be a bit more timely.
  2. To write more - My muse can be a bit lax as well. I will tame her this year and set aside time to write each day. At least a hundred words a day.
  3. To be more social - writers are introverts by nature. It can be difficult to maintain a social life. I will be sure to get out of the house at least once a month. And not just for drinking!
  4. To be more healthful - I'm going to limit my fast food to twice a week or less.
  5. To let the people that I love 'see' that I love them - after all, love is an action word.
Hopefully, I 'll keep to this. And you'll keep to yours, as well!


The best thing about this blog is it gave me a much needed break from my cleaning. :-)

Be sure to comment and leave me your resolutions, or traditions, and thank you for dropping by today.

All best, and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment