Wednesday, June 06, 2012

A Place of Peace

Today, I spent some time pruning my garden.  There are times when writers must clear the clutter that plagues the psyche, which is where creativity dwells.
In order to get there, to the point where all your creativity can stretch it's proverbial legs, it becomes necessary to identify a place of peace. 

On the backside of the Troy (MI) Aquatic Center, there is a large natural trail that I sit in front of, and occasionally wander into, in order to get to that point.  After a thousand and one issues today between home and work, I found it necessary to go there and empty out my emotional baggage. It was calm, peaceful and serene. I enjoyed it immensely.  For an hour and a half, I sat barefoot in my truck with my legs kicked up enjoying the scenery and a Slurpee.

I would strongly suggest that you head to your special place today and get the emotional calm that you need in order to write the next best seller!

Have a great day, everyone.

Aliza

No comments:

Post a Comment